Fourteen Hills will accept submissions from February 15th, 2022 through June 15th 2022 for publication in Fourteen Hills Issue 29, due to be published in Spring 2023.
We accept the following genres for unpublished unsolicited submissions*
- POETRY: Up to 3 poems (maximum 7 pages)
- FICTION: 1 short story or novel excerpt (maximum 20 pages or 6000 words) OR 3 pieces of flash fiction (1000 words per piece)
- CREATIVE NONFICTION: 1 piece of literary creative nonfiction (maximum 20 pages or 6000 words)
- VISUAL ART: Up to 10 pieces of visual art
*For experimental or cross-genre work, please choose the closest category available
- All written submissions must be in .doc or .docx file format (Microsoft Word or Open Office files)
- Cover letter should include, at minimum, contact information and third-person bio (max 3-5 sentences)
- If you have questions about the status of your subscription, please contact us at email@example.com
- Writers and artists may submit only once, in a single genre, per submission period
As we are now an annual journal, please expect a wait time of 4-8 months depending on when you submit, as much of the review occurs during the fall.
If your submission is accepted for publication in the journal, you will receive two free copies of Issue 29.
We are now charging a small service fee ($2) for submissions*. This administrative fee helps fund our online submission system and ensures that Fourteen Hills will continue as an outlet for exciting and diverse new work. (*Submission fees are waived for current subscribers to Fourteen Hills. To support us as a subscriber, please visit our Subscriptions page. If this fee poses a financial hardship, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for supporting Fourteen Hills with your subscription!
Beginning June 16th, 2021, our subscription fee will be increased to $16. Subscriptions begin with the next published issue and subscription prices include shipping and handling. All current subscribers are entitled to free online submissions to Fourteen Hills.