Fourteen Hills will accept submissions from February 15th, 2020 thru June 15th 2020 for publication in Fourteen Hills Issue 27, due to be published in spring 2021.
We accept the following unpublished unsolicited submissions
- POETRY: Up to 3 poems (maximum 7 pages)
- FICTION: 1 short story or novel excerpt (maximum 20 pages or 6000 words)
- FLASH FICTION: 3 pieces of flash fiction (1000 words per piece)
- CREATIVE NONFICTION: 1 piece of literary creative nonfiction (maximum 20 pages or 6000 words)
- EXPERIMENTAL or CROSS-GENRE: Up to 10 pages of experimental or cross-genre literature (including graphic stories, 10-minute plays, 3000 words maximum if prose)
- VISUAL ART: 3 to 10 pieces of visual art, must be a series
- All written submissions must be in .doc or .docx file format (Microsoft Word or Open Office files)
- Cover letter section should include brief introduction, contact information, selected publication history, and any other relevant information. Cover letter should not be written as third person biography.
- If you have questions about the status of your subscription, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Writers and artists may submit only once, in a single genre, per submission period. Current submission period is: 2/15/2020 thru 6/15/2020 (issue published in spring 2021)
- Submissions which do not follow our guidelines will not be considered.
As we are now an annual journal, please expect a wait time of 4-8 months depending on when you submit as much of the review occurs during the end of the summer and fall.
Once published in our journal, contributors may submit again after two years.
If your submission is accepted for publication in the journal, you will receive two free copies of the journal issue that your work appears in, and a discount on additional copies of the issue.
Beginning March of 2016, we are now charging a small service fee ($2) for submissions*. This administrative fee helps fund our online submission system and ensures that Fourteen Hills will continue as an outlet for exciting and diverse new work. (*Submission fees are waived for current subscribers to Fourteen Hills. To support us as a subscriber, please visit our Subscriptions page.)
Thank you for supporting Fourteen Hills with your subscription!
Subscriptions begin with the next published issue and subscription prices include shipping and handling. All current subscribers are entitled to free online submissions to Fourteen Hills.