DETAILS OF THE AWARD:
- The winning manuscript is published by Fourteen Hills Press and the SFSU Creative Writing Department.
- The 2020 MRBA will go to a prose submission.
- The author will receive 50 complimentary copies one month after the release of the book. The author will also have the opportunity to purchase additional copies of the book at a considerable discount.
- Fourteen Hills Press will layout the book and decide on a cover design in cooperation with the author of the manuscript.
- Fourteen Hills Press will organize a release party in San Francisco to be held immediately before the release of the book.
- The book will be distributed through Small Press Distribution and the consignment efforts of the Fourteen Hills Press staff.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- You must be currently enrolled as a student at SFSU or have graduated within the past two years.
- Your manuscript must be at least 45 pages in length, and no more than 175 pages in length.
- The cover letter field must include your name, the title of your manuscript, your phone number, mailing address, email, and SFSU student ID number (or graduation year).
- Your submission document must include a table of contents if there are multiple works within your manuscript.
- No revisions to the manuscript will be accepted after submission.
- Individual works may have been previously published in magazines or journals, but the entire manuscript must be unpublished. Manuscripts that have been previously self-published are ineligible.
- Manuscripts will be judged anonymously. Therefore, the author's name, other identifying information, and publication information must not appear within the manuscript. Only your uploaded manuscript is visible to the judge.